Last weekend I participated as a speaker in the Electric Vehicles competition ELECTROCAT, organized by various municipalities in the area of Barcelona, and the catalan government. It involved teams of students from vocational schools in motorsports, to which they supplied an electric motor, a control box and some batteries, and they had to design and build their car, in order to compete a tests the circuit HONDA at Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda.
All this activity seems simple, without much impact on society, but what I saw there is the example of a powerful change, for the actions and promotion of some absolutely key values for the future of our society:
- Future Training: based not only on experience, what we know and what works now, but also about what we will need tomorrow.
- Teamwork: each group of students was organized and delivered with passion in the development of their electric vehicle.
- Commitment: Students from each school participated in the project voluntarily, outside of school hours, without being part of any subject or evaluation.
- Sustainability: promoting the formation associated with values and attitudes linked to renewable energy, efficient mobility and a cleaner future.
- Good Innovation: since it is about being creative and doing different things just because they are different. We have to innovate in order to bring value to society.
One of those days when one believes that the future of our humanity, through civil society and small daily actions, is in the right direction.