7 friends who love running, have come together to form a winning team in enthusiasm, humor and passion for this challenge.
Although not aspire to any position between the top runners, the SABLES.CAT team members accumulate an extensive experience in all types of endurance races: marathon, half marathon, triathlon, Mountain Running, Ultra Marathons, etc...
Only one of the 7 members has done this race before, and the other are facing his first appearance here, with all the emotions and inexperience that entails.
The 7 runners are:
- Target for MDS2011: Finish the race.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: Be able to face a race like MDS. A dialogue with the loneliness and self-improvement to the absolute limits.
- Target for MDS2011: Finish enjoying a lot.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: For me it is a bit challenge (Finishing), an adventure (Just be there and living it), and a dream (Being able to go). I have the sensation that I am about to live an impressive vital experience.
- Living at: Gurb (Barcelona)
- Target for MDS2011: Finish within the first 1000 runners.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: Personal Experience. Live the race like an adventure. Being self sufficient in the desert during one week, experiencing that I can do it. MDS still has the same values from the beginning. Living in a bivouac with people from all the countries. This is an experience that has to be lived; it's not interesting that other people explain it to you.
- Living at: Vic (Barcelona)
- Target for MDS2011: Finish with dignity, and enjoying a lot.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: I go to the MDS because Jose Arimany pushed me there. But once engaged, and thinking calmer, I am thrilled to participate in a race where I would not count the time, and I only run against myself. On the other hand, when my son Ferran became diabetic, I promised that if cured, I would run the whole "Camino de Santiago" from Vic, and I hope this counts as a good training to meet the desire I have to be able to fulfill my promise.
- Living at: Gurb (Barcelona)
- Target for MDS2011: Finish completing 80/90% by real running.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: I discovered the Sahara on a Mountain Bike running the "Titan Desert", and I wanted to experience a bigger intensive challenge running in self sufficiency in the same environment.
- Target for MDS2011: Finish with dignity.
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: Huge experience in the desert. Do my first long distance race with stages. Live a great moments and incredible sensations with all my team.
- Born in: Sant Joan de les Abadesses (Girona)
- Living at: El Brull (Barcelona)
- Target for MDS2011: Finish within the first 150 runners. (First 15% of the race)
- What are you looking for/Why MDS?: It was my first Ultra Marathon with stages, and I wanted to come back and do it better. Now I hope that my experience allows me to perform without forgetting to enjoy a lot. Running here is also a motivation and a great training for another intensive adventure that I am preparing.