Carles is a specialist in alpine and polar expeditions. He combines his role as a mountain guide and writer, with a passion for extreme climbing and hiking in Polar areas. He is a very versatile man, efficient organizer and lover of great challenges.
Among his greatest sporting/adventures achievements:
- 1991 - Crossing Solo with skis the Argentine Andes.
- 2002 - Crossing of Greenland (700 km), on skis and without assistance.
- 2003 - Crossing of Lake Inari in Finnish Lapland and in the winter.
- 2004 - Crossing the Baltic Sea in winter and Solo (1st. Time worldwide Solo, and 2nd. absolute).
- 2005 and 2006 - Crossing the lake Torneträsk in winter and Solo.
- Multiple climbing in alpine style: Aconcagua solo in winter - Lenin Peak - Chimborazo - Illimani - Cotopaxi - Damavand, etc...
- Attempts to climb Everest (8.850m.) and Cho Oyu (8.201m.) without oxygen.