Yesterday, Saturday 9th of april, seven SABLES.CAT team members crossed the finish line of the last stage of the "Marathon des Sables.
After months of dreaming, training and preparing this goal, we have all managed to complete one of the most demanding ultra endurance races. And we all have a pretty good physical condition both at muscle and foot level when compared with the disasters that we have seen these days in the camp of the race.
It's been a week of suffering, pleasure, personal enrichment, to laugh a lot, meet a lot of people around the world, to see beautiful scenery, very intense feelings of living and, above all, to find that was an excellent decision have made this group to participate in such authentic and special event.
The 26th edition of the MDS has been really tough, because the usual complexity of this race, has added a track with lots of dunes and sand or soft soil that made it difficult to move forward; very high temperatures that reached at some stage the 48ºC, and two-day sandstorm that made it difficult both to run for the stage, and make life in camp with the minimum conditions of comfort and hygiene.
At the end of the six stages (7 days) and 250 km we have been classified as follows:
- Albert Bosch: The 104 with a total time of 35h07'11"
- Quim Tribó: The 105 with the same time that Albert
- Jordi Font: The 289 with a total time of 42h45'21"
- David Saporta: The 305 with a total time of 43h22'50"
- Jose Arimany: The 318 with a total time of 43h48'38"
- Jordi Vila: The 351 with a total time of 44h30'35"
- Cristina Sans: The 355 with a total time of 44h38'18", and 28th. In the Women ranking (Out of 133)
In terms of Team ranking, SABLES.CAT-1 (Albert, Quim and Jordi Font) has been the 13th. out of 49. And SABLES.CAT-2 (David, Christina, Jose and Jordi Vila) was on 22nd. Position.