Albert email from last night:
Well, we did not win the ONCE price as we haven't had a minimum adequate weather in order to escape from here. We are decided and fully committed to get out there with the right conditions that will not freeze us after 20 minutes, but the wind does not give us any break. It is impossible to do any progress. Have a look at the attached photo, made when Albert came back in the tent after only being 4 minutes outside to take the snow pack from the tent.
This is one of our major problems right now. If we don't clear the snow pack regularly, we risk our tent to break. The wind is holding her nicely, but the snow weight and the tension on the canvas could well generate a major problem on our expedition.
We are now, 11 days of siege and we still not see the end. We can only think now what's the best way to put an end to this and commit suicide...Any ideas? Should we slash our wrists? Should we inject 10 Sopinstans in our veins?, Should we try and eat our 13 day underwear ( and share it of course )...? If we can't get out of here, at least let's try and die in style... Whoever brings the best idea will get a free two night tent accommodation at the top of the Coll de la Marrana in Ull de Ter when stormy weather from the 1st until the 3qst of January.